(San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge)
The Yerba Buena Island (YBI) transition structure links the new Self-Anchored Suspension Span (SAS) of the San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge to Yerba Buena Island, transitioning the East Span’s side by side road decks to the upper and lower decks of the YBI tunnel and West Span.
Jason Hatcher was employed as a Lead Senior Draftsman by Parsons from September 2001 - June 2007. During that time, Jason performed many tasks on the Yerba Buena Island Transition Structures (SFOBB) project, including;
- Constructability review to ensure the transition substructure would create minimal conflicts as the vertical pier reinforcement extended into the heavily congested superstructure pier caps
- Created three dimensional models to identify and resolve potential conflicts in the design phase
- Produced fully integrated shop drawings for the transition superstructure
- Prepared fully integrated shop drawings and 3D models of pier footings and columns
- Constructability analysis of integration of pier column rebar extending into superstructure pier tables and provided detailed rebar layouts to include with superstructure design drawings